This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
Personal Data While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that may be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally Identifiable information (PII) may include, but not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Place and Date of Birth
- Cookies and Usage Data
Usage Data We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data Department of Foreign Affairs uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service if you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issue
Disclosure of Data
Legal Requirements Department of Foreign Affairs may disclose your Personal Data in good faith and belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Department of Foreign Affairs
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Service Providers We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Analytics We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- By email:
- By visiting this page on our website: https://dfa.gov.ph/address-and-contact
- By phone number: (632) 8 834-4000 (632) 8 834-3000 8 234 3488 (For Passport Appointment Concerns) 8 651 9400 (For Passport, Authentication, & Other Consular Inquiries)
- By mail:
Department of Foreign Affairs
2330 Roxas Boulevard
Pasay City Metro Manila, Philippines
Office of Consular Affairs
corner Macapagal Boulevard
ASEANA Business Park Paranaque City,
Metro Manila Philippines