BALIKBAYAN ONE-YEAR VISA-FREE STAY
How to Get an NBI Clearance : Renewal and New
The Philippine Consulate General in Melbourne assists in securing an NBI Clearance but does NOT process or issue the Clearance itself.
Please read the procedures first before booking an appointment.
- Renewal of NBI clearance issued from 2014 onwards
Refer to the renewal procedures detailed in the website below:
NBI Clearance – Mailed Clearance | Welcome to National Bureau of Investigation
- New or first-time NBI clearance
Applying for NBI clearance at the Consulate
If you have never been issued an NBI Clearance or have been issued an NBI clearance before 2014, following are the steps to apply for an NBI clearance in the Philippines:
- Book an appointment (there are no walk-in services)
- Bring the following requirements to the Consulate during your appointment date:
- Passport and photocopy of passport data page (the first page);
- Two (2) 2×2 photo-full front view/white background;
- Processing fee of AU$45 payable in cash.
- Express Post envelope (A4 size) with Signature on Delivery sticker. You can get the return envelope from any Australia Post outlet.
Applying for NBI clearance but cannot travel to the Consulate
Those in Victoria (but far from Melbourne), South Australia and Tasmania may apply by mail. Those from other states, please check our CONTACT US tab for the contact details of the other missions/consulates.
- Request an NBI Form 5 from the Consulate.
Write a letter to the consulate requesting for an NBI form 5.
Attach a photocopy of the applicant’s valid passport.
Include a pre-paid return envelope addressed to the requesting individual in Australia.
- The Consulate will send you the requested NBI Form No. 5 using the envelope you provided.
- Go to the nearest Police station to have your fingerprints taken.
- Send the accomplished NBI Form 5 with fingerprints to the Consulate with a copy of your passport, processing fee of AU$45 in postal money order payable to the PHILIPPINE CONSULATE GENERAL-MELBOURNE, with another pre-paid return envelope addressed to the applicant in Australia
- The Consular officer will sign the NBI form and will be mailed back to the applicant in Australia.
- Send the NBI fingerprinted form to NBI Manila.
How to send the accomplished NBI Form 5 with fingerprints to the NBI?
After receipt of the accomplished NBI Form 5 from the Consulate, send it and other requirements to:
NATIONAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
Mailed Clearance Section
3rd Floor, NBI Clearance Bldg.
UN Avenue, Ermita, Manila
- Duly accomplished NBI Form 5 with fingerprints, signed and stamped by the Philippine Consulate General or old NBI clearance issued on or after 2014;
- Letter authorizing a representative with his/her name, telephone number, address and email address) in the Philippines to process the NBI clearance in Manila (only if applying or renewing an NBI clearance through a representative);
- Photocopy of the applicant’s passport;
- Payment of P 200.00 or US dollar equivalent if renewing the clearance directly with NBI.
If applying for an NBI clearance through a representative, the representative must register at https://clearance.nbi.gov.ph/ before proceeding with the application. Follow the instructions in the website accordingly. Please refer to the website link provided under the procedures for renewing NBI clearance for more information.
Upon receipt of your clearance certificate, please examine it for the presence of the embossed NBI DRY SEAL at its lower left portion; the clearance is invalid without it. You must also affix your signature and thumbprint on the space provided on the clearance certificate itself before submitting it to the intended recipient.
To contact the NBI in the Philippines
Phone: +63 85238231 loc. 5465
Email: [email protected]